Blog Visits

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MY ACHING BACK!

So once again, I spent the weekend in bed with a bad back…a recurring problem I’ve had for the last 5 or 6 years. For obvious reasons, a bad back and golf do not mix well (not that a bad back goes well with anything for that matter). I have had MRI’s, CAT scans, x-rays, and it’s always the same thing…"hmmm, I’m not sure why your back hurts…looks great!" Or the voice bubble I imagine seeing above their heads that says, “she’s obviously a complete hypochondriac”. So over the Easter weekend I could feel another “episode” coming on, starting with tying our boat off in rough water, running down 23 floors of the Marriott barefoot during an earthquake, then the final “straw that broke the camel’s back”… having it go out doing something completely benign (and ironic)…bending over to pick up an Ibuprofen. Well, I am happy to report that I have found THE best physical therapist, Henry White, who coincidentally also happens to be a Class A PGA golf pro. I have had two visits, and my back feels better than it has in a very, very long time. He even gave me a couple of tips today on my golf stance, swing and some before-golf stretches. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back issues, whether they’re golf-related or not! His website is www.henrywhitegolf.com. Here’s to being pain-free! Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment