Blog Visits

Sunday, May 2, 2010

WIFFLEBALL IN PARADISE!

We apologize for our brief hiatus from blogging, but we just returned from a fabulous boating trip in the Abacos. As far as finding golf courses in the Bahamas, they were pretty non-existent on our route of snorkeling, eating and drinking. However, in the best improvisation of golf I have ever seen, Patti snuck wiffle balls and a child’s 7 iron into her suitcase (she had to sneak since she was close to the 50 pound limit and Herb was carrying her bag)! We pulled into beautiful Man-o-War Cay, set up our “tee box” on the front of our boat using a life preserver to add a few inches to our tiny iron, a snorkel fin for the tee, and of course wiffle balls so that they guys could retrieve our “long drives” in the dinghy (and yes, they do float)! Patti won the longest drive contest…however, I think she had an advantage since the club only came to my knees (haha). She is still in Florida golfing with some girlfriends in Ft. Lauderdale (improving her handicap) while I am back here in snowy Utah doing laundry…I don’t think my handicap will be soaring downward any time soon with this weather. As a side note, the wiffleball was invented in 1953 by David Mullany for his 12-year-old son to help him with his baseball game. It was given that name because everytime his son swung and missed they would refer to the strike-out as a “wiff”.

2 comments:

  1. Deborah5/02/2010

    You girls are ingenious! I want to know how I can purchase one of those cool shirts!! I do have an "indoor" golf lesson on Tuesday!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal!!! YOu girls are a crack up!

    ReplyDelete