Blog Visits

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Golf, life and friends!

So today I thought I would begin my blog with a couple of appropriate golf quotes:

"I've had a good day when I don't fall out of the cart."  -Anonymous

"The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing." -Phylis Diller

"Sometimes things work out on the golf course and sometimes they don't.  Life will go on...you try to understand what happens, but maybe today I don't want to know."  -Greg Norman

Golf can be best defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle."  -Anonymous

For all of our golf blog followers and friends, I want to make it perfectly clear that these quotes are referring solely to my golf day and skills (or lack thereof), rather than my sweet friend, Patti's.  She had a great golf day (97), while I golfed more like someone with a blindfold on playing pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey (114).  My husband and I were invited guests today at Jeremy Ranch, which is always bitter sweet for us since we were former members.  Unfortunately, with our frenetic, unpredictable schedule, we had to jump ship.  So today we were reminded of what we were missing...an amazingly beautiful course, wonderful staff and pros and so many friends and acquaintances that we have missed since we left!  The weather was perfect for a day of golf, as was the company. 

So here it goes...one final, cheesey quote before I head off to ice the back and take my final dose of post-golf medicine (800 miligrams Ibuprofen):

"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."  -Douglas Pagels

Thanks for always keeping it fun, Patti!  xoxo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment