Blog Visits

Monday, June 28, 2010

Maui!

I cannot believe how long it's been since we've posted....UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE!  Just returned from a family trip in Maui for my hubby's 60th...fabulous on all accounts.  While golfing at the Wailea Emerald Golf Course, I was reminded of what a great family sport golf can be!  I golfed with my wonderful husband, my daughter, Avery, and her boyfriend, Matt.  Between the four of us, three of us are "golfers" and could not pass up the chance to play 9 holes while enjoying the fabulous ocean views.  Even though we didn't pack our own clubs and opted for the rentals instead (or as I like to refer to them..."THAT'S WHY MY GAME WAS AWFUL" clubs), I was very happy with a 50 on the front 9.  


For any of you who know me, I am rather tall for a woman...almost Amazon-like to some.  Years ago, acting on a tip from one of my petite friends, I purchased senior mens' clubs.  I put aside what could have been an offensive remark, since I am neither a man nor a senior, and for the first time in my life shopped in the men's department! 

This always reminds me of an event that happened years ago at Nordstrom while I was shopping in the Petite department for a family gift.  A young salesperson came up and said very quietly and slowly (while pointing at the department sign that reads PETITES) "Ummmm, excuse me, this is the Petite department".  I simply responded in the same quiet, slow voice, while pointing at the letters overhead and said, "Yes, I know...I can read".  (This is a true story...not a blonde joke!)

Well, even though my game is still a work in progress, I have to say that my oversized, masculine, non-pink, husband-look-alike clubs have made a difference in my game!   So tomorrow morning I am off to golf for the first time at Park Meadows with the big girls.  After a two week break that included non-stop eating and zero exercise, my inside voice will be screaming "MAN-CLUBS...don't fail me now!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment